More than $1,000 was collected during the Fifth Annual Camas Car Show on July 2 to benefit the local Inter-Faith Treasure House food bank.
The event also provided an opportunity for attendees to contribute canned food items, of which 111 pounds was donated.
The contributions will help the men, women and children in need who receive food and other services from the Washougal based non-profit organization.
According to organizers, the car show, which included 98 entries parked along Northeast Fourth Avenue in Downtown Camas, was a success.
Awards were presented for “Best Topless,” 1964 Chevy Corvette owned by Fred Larue; “Power Pipes Award,” 1923 Ford T-Bucket owned by Don Pritchett; “Most Muscle Bound,” 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite owned by John Deckert; “Most original paint,” 1941 Willy’s Coupe owned by Susan Hale; “Most Racy,” 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse owned by Derrick Fronzen; “Best Work in Progress,” 1984 Honda GL 1200 owned by Bob Wenick; and “Best Original American,” 1963 Buick owned by Ken Cousins.
The event was hosted by the Downtown Camas Association, Georgia-Pacific and Twilight Pizza Bistro
To view photos of the winning entries, visit the photo galleries at www.camaspostrecord.com.