Where to go and what to do during spring break:
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Camas Parks and Recreation
Community Center, 718 S.E. Seventh Ave., 834-5307
• Junior camp counselor training, $35: Provides pre-training for ages 12 to 16 who want to become camp counselors. The training is held Monday, April 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Adventure Tikes Spring Break Camp, $60: Children three-and-a-half to 6 years old will learn about the farm a t spring time through playtime, stories, crafts , music and dancing, games, group sports and walks. All children must be toilet trained. The camp will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Thursday, April 2-5.
• Motion and Creation youth spring break camp, $90: The camp includes daily sports, spring crafts and daily walking filed rips in town. The end of camp features an Easter egg hunt. Lunch and a water bottle must be provided by parents. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 2-5.
• Spring break golf camp, $75: Golfers ages 5 to 16 will learn fundamentals such as grip, stance, posture, alignment, swing and finish, along with proper etiquette. The camp will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 3 to Thursday, April 5.
Camas Public Library
625 N.E. Fourth Ave., 834-4692
• Free spring break movies: Movies start at 2:30 p.m. The movies will be shown Monday through Friday, and include “The Lion King,” “Puss in Boots,” “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2,” “Hugo,” and “The Muppets.”
Camas Community Education
841 N.E. 22nd Ave., 833-5549
• Spring break day camp: $30 per half day, $45 per full day: Student swill participate in a variety of fun actives such as Wii, air hockey, billiards, ping-pong, basketball shootout, wall ball, board games, arts, crafts and more. The camp will be held from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, April 2 to 6.
Washougal Community Education
Hathaway School, Portable D, 630 24th St., 954-3838
• Basketball fundamentals camp, $30: Boys and girls learn a variety of skills and fundamentals including ball handling, shooting, defense, rebounding and fast break drills. The camp will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. or noon to 3 p.m.
315 N.E. Fourth Ave., Camas, 859-9555
• Spring break matinees: $3.50: A selection of movies will shown every day between noon and 12:30 p.m. Check the website for details.