Halloween and harvest festivals
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
• Family Halloween Night: Camas Parks and Recreation will host its annual Family Halloween Night from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 at Liberty Middle School, 1612 N.E. Garfield St. The event includes carnival games from 6:30 to 8:15 p.m., and a costume contest from 8:30 to 9 p.m. It is designed for children ages 2 to 12. All attending must be accompanied by an adult. The entry fee is two non-perishable food items. No costume weapons are allowed.
• Spooky Harvest on the Farm: Camas Camp-n-Ranch will have crafts, a haunted forest walk, hay and horse rides, and more from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20. It is located at 27312 N.E. Hathaway Road.
• Boo Bash: Dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at businesses in downtown Camas from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24.
• Skamania County Pumpkin Patch Festival: The whole family is invited to get in the Halloween spirit at the seventh-annual pumpkin patch event on Wednesday, Oct. 24 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. There will be a traditional trolley ride, hay bale maze and pumpkin bowling, games, creative crafts, and seasonal stories and music. In addition, there will be showings of the Halloween classic, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” and other family favorites. During the event, Andrew’s Pizza in Stevenson is offering its “Pumpkin Patch Special.” Visitors to the event will receive a $3 off coupon for a family size pizza or $2 off other sizes. The festivities take place on the Skamania County Fairgrounds, 650 S.W. Rock Creek Drive. Costumes are encouraged. Activities are suitable for all ages, but tailored for children 2 to 9. Admission is $5 per child.For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 509-427-3980.
• Harvest carnival: Warehouse Church in Washougal is hosting a free harvest carnival from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at 621 Washougal River Road. The event includes includes two floors of free carnival games, face painting, a costume contest, studio pictures and candy. Attendees are asked not to wear scary or gory costumes. For more information, call 834-0660.