Home fire in Camas is a total loss

Cause was accidental

Firefighters from several agencies responded to a structure fire in Camas Tuesday afternoon. Alan Murray, co-owner of the home at 3627 N.W. Sierra Drive, said his son Brian accidentally started the fire on the deck. Buy this photo

A Camas family has lost its home, following a fully involved fire Tuesday afternoon.

Crews were dispatched at 12:41 p.m., to 3627 N.W. Sierra Drive. Approximately 25 personnel on nine units from the Camas-Washougal Fire Department, Vancouver Fire Department and East County Fire and Rescue, were at the scene. Camas police officers also responded, to monitor road closures and detours.

The home is owned by Alan Murray and his wife of almost 27 years, Pat Jensen.

Murray said his son Brian, 19, accidentally started the fire on the deck.

“He was burning some stuff, and it got into a gas can,” Murray said from the scene.

No one was injured.

Murray maintained a sense of humor, as firefighters continued to put out the fire.

“The yard looks good — like nothing happened,” Murray said.