Camas burglary suspect apprehended by police

Officer is injured after suspect rams police car

timestamp icon
category icon

The suspect in a Camas burglary has been captured following a manhunt today that lasted several hours.

According to Camas Police Department Sgt. Scot Boyles the incident, which began late this morning, came to a close just after 1 p.m. when a resident called 911 to report that the suspect had been spotted in a backyard at the 2500 block of Quartz Street. A chase with officers ensued and the suspect, later identified as 24-year-old Bradley Eric Jensen, of Arlington, Wash., was caught.

“The K-9 unit got him,” Boyles said, “and the officers were able to apprehend him.”

Boyles said the incident started at 10:22 a.m. when a 911 call was made reporting a burglary that was interrupted at the 1600 block of Northwest 27th Avenue. A citizen had arrived at his daughter’s home and witnessed a man leaving the house with stolen property. The daughter was not at home at the time of the incident.

The suspect fled the scene in a white Honda, and police arrived on scene almost immediately. An officer confronted the suspect, who ignored his warnings to stop. The suspect rammed a patrol car, then took off in his vehicle, which he ditched about a block away. The suspect fled on foot.

According to Boyles, CPD Officer Tim Fellows, who arrived to provide backup, received minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. He has been treated and released.

A containment area of about 10 square blocks was set up and K-9 units were brought in to help in the search. In addition to the CPD, a number of local agencies responded to the scene including the Washougal Police Department, Vancouver Police Department, Clark County Sheriff’s Office, Washington State Patrol, and the Battle Ground Police Department.

“The track was lengthy,” Boyles said. “It went into a heavily wooded area and took well over an hour.” For a short period of time the nearby Dorothy Fox Elementary School was placed on lockdown, but when officers confirmed the suspect was headed in the opposite direction it was lifted.

After being apprehended, the suspect was transported to the hospital.

“That’s standard procedure when the K-9 unit is involved,” Boyles said.

Read additional details in the Tuesday, Nov. 20 print edition of the Post-Record.