Camas teens arrested

Three charged with robbery after botched drug deal

timestamp icon
category icon News

Police have arrested three Camas teens in connection with an alleged prescription drug deal turned robbery.

The incident began in the early hours of Jan. 15, when Camas Police officers responded to a disturbance at a gravel parking lot in the 400 block of Northeast 35th Avenue, near Round Lake in Camas. There, police found an 18-year-old victim of an assault and robbery, along with a person later identified as a suspect. Police said two other suspects fled the scene before they arrived.

Investigating officers reported that a 17-year-old suspect had physically assaulted the 18-year-old victim “during a drug transaction” for what Camas police later said was prescription Xanax, threatening the victim with a gun then stealing his money and drugs.

Police told The Post-Record Tuesday that the victim was in the process of buying the Xanax when the assault and robbery occurred. Police have not yet determined if they will pursue charges related to the alleged drug deal.

The victim sustained minor injuries, but did not require medical treatment.

Police arrested two 18-year-old suspects shortly after the alleged robbery, Edward H. Rog and Cody W. Williams, both of Camas, and booked them at Clark County Jail on first-degree robbery charges.

It took a little longer for police to find and arrest the 17-year-old suspect. On Monday, Jan. 22, after a weeklong hunt that involved Camas and Vancouver police departments as well as the U.S. Marshall’s Office and spanned the entire Portland/Vancouver metro area, police located the teen suspect at a Motel 6 off Mill Plain Boulevard in east Vancouver.

“He was taken into custody, without incident, by Vancouver Police Department and Clark County Regional SWAT Team,” police reported Tuesday in a press release.

The unnamed 17-year-old suspect has been charged with first-degree robbery and second-degree assault and booked into the Clark County Juvenile Detention Facility.

Camas police told The Post-Record on Tuesday they are still investigating the robbery and cannot release further details at this time.