The Dorothy Fox Elementary School Parent-Teacher Association in Camas has launched a shoe drive fundraiser to help enhance educational opportunities and support teachers and staff.
The PTA will collect worn, used and new shoes through January 2021.
All donated shoes will be distributed to Funds2Org’s network of micro-enterprise partners to create, maintain, and grow small businesses in developing countries where economic opportunity and jobs are limited.
“We are excited about our shoe drive,” Trisha Golding, co-president of the Dorothy Fox PTA stated in a press release about the fundraiser. “With the community’s generous help, we can raise money to support the Fox students, school, and staff, and we have the chance to help families in developing nations who need economic opportunities. It’s a win-win for everyone.”
To learn more about the fundraiser, visit dorothyfoxpta.com/shoe-drive-fundraiser.
Drop-off donation locations in Camas include:
- Dorothy Fox Elementary – 2623 N.W. Sierra St.
- Camas School District Office – 841 N.E. 22nd Ave.
- Cake Happy – 340 N.E. Fourth Ave.
- Camas Bike & Sport – 403 N.E. Fifth Ave.
- Camas Public Library – 625 N.E. Fourth Ave.
- Lacamas Athletic Club – 2950 N.W. 38th Ave.