Candidates for local offices across Clark County competing in the Nov. 2 general election will participate in forums sponsored by the nonpartisan League of Women Voters of Clark County, beginning Sept. 22.
The League will showcase different candidates at each of the forums:
- Wednesday, Sept. 22, 6:30 p.m.: Clark Regional Wastewater District, Position 2; Fire Protection District 6, Position 3; Washougal mayor, Vancouver mayor
- Friday, Sept. 24, 6:30 p.m.: La Center City Council, Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Wednesday, Sept. 29, 6:30 p.m.: Vancouver City Council, Positions 1, 2 and 3; Port of Vancouver Commissioner, District 2
- Wednesday, Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m.: Vancouver School District, Positions 2 and 3; Evergreen School District, Position 1
- Thursday, Sept. 30, 6:30 p.m.: Battle Ground City Council, Positions 1, 4, 5 and 6; Ridgefield City Council, Position 6
- Friday, Oct. 1, 6:30 p.m.: Camas mayor, Camas City Council, Ward 1, Position 2; Ward 2, Position 2; Ward 3, Position 2
- Friday, Oct. 1, 7:30 p.m.: Camas School District, Position 1; Washougal School District, Positions 3 and 5; Port of Camas/Washougal, Position 3
The League of Women Voters of Clark County is a nonpartisan, grassroots civic organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League is open to people of all ages and gender identities.