Blaze displaces Washougal family

One person was injured, three dogs rescued from mobile home fire

One person was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire that may have originated on the porch of a mobile home in Washougal Tuesday night.

The Camas-Washougal Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at a residence located on the 4500 block of Addy Street at 7:40 p.m. Crews discovered a single-wide manufactured home with flames and smoke coming from an attached covered porch and inside the structure.

According to a CWFD press release, crews rescued three dogs from inside the structure and turned them over to the homeowners. One person was transported to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire did not spread to any other structures, and no other people were injured.

The CWFD fire marshal’s preliminary investigation indicates the fire may have ignited from a barbecue being used by the homeowner on the attached covered porch. The blaze then extended into the home.

Disaster responders with the American Red Cross Cascades Region provided assistance to the two adults, three children and five pets that were impacted by the fire.

The Red Cross provided resources to help address the immediate basic needs of those affected such as temporary housing, food, clothing, comfort kits, information about recovery services, and health and mental health services.

Please review our community guidelines