Stormwater Partners has announced the winning entries for its second annual Students for Clean Water Video Contest. Clark County middle and high school students submitted more than 60 videos for the contest. A $500 first place and $100 honorable-mention prize has been awarded for each of the following videos in five categories:
- Clean Water Actions Long Video – First place: “Water Is Life” by Noa Anthony Hahn and honorable mention: “Roberto Is Here to Show You” by Roberto Cruz Paredes
- Clean Water Actions Short Video – First place: “Today Your Town! Tomorrow the World!” by Willow Elizabeth Reddig and honorable mention: “Clean Up Trash” by Connor Smith and Emiliano Jimenez
- Community Storytelling – First place: “Reducing Plastic Waste in Our Creeks” by Isabella Parke and Sabrina Joner and honorable mention: “My Love for Water” by Ava Teach
- BIPOC Filmmaker – First place: “How to Prevent a Bad Environment” by Jazmin Vasquez and April Ramirez and honorable mention: “Reducing and Reusing to Prevent Pollution” by Olivia Morariu
- People’s Choice – First place: “Daily Actions Affect Everyone” by Esti Ziesemer and honorable mention: “Leave No Trace (b)” by Grayden Rounds and Declan Brooks
Winning videos will be promoted on social media and at movie in the park events this summer. To view the videos, visit stormwaterpartners.com/video-contest.
Stormwater Partners launched the first student video contest in February 2021 to encourage students to think about their impacts on, and connections to, local streams. Students were asked to show their creativity by creating 25- or 55-second videos demonstrating their connection to water, or to promote everyday actions to prevent pollution. Videos were submitted by 83 students from six Clark County middle and high schools. Most videos came from Gaiser Middle School, where a teacher used this contest as an assignment to engage students about real world issues.
Stormwater Partners would like to thank the following sponsors for their contributions:
- HHPR Inc. (Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.)
- Geosyntec Consultants
- Mead & Hunt
- Olson Environmental LLC
Stormwater Partners of Southwest Washington is a coalition of local jurisdictions and organizations including Clark County and the cities of Camas, Washougal, Vancouver and Battle Ground. For more information, visit stormwaterpartners.com.