The Downtown Camas Association (DCA) will hold its annual public art fundraiser, Little Art Camas, from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, March 18, and from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 19, in the lobby of the Fuel Medical building at 314 N.E. Birch St., Camas.
“Little Art Camas is all about making original art accessible to everyone,” said Carrie Schulstad, executive director of the DCA. “Whether you are one of the artists or starting an art collection, this event is a fun and engaging way to share art with each other. It will be really fun to see the excitement when the cowbell rings and you can start buying. The art is impressive and is a genuinely diverse showcase and it helps support more public art in downtown Camas.”
The two-day exhibition will feature original art by local artists, who have each created three small-scale pieces on 5-by-5-inch, 5-by-7-inch and 8-by-8-inch canvases. Each piece will be sold for $20 during the fundraising event.
Two-day tickets to Little Art Camas are available at the door and will cost $5. Children younger than 12 get in for free.
The Friday night event will feature live music, appetizers and wine. On Saturday, new pieces will be added to the exhibit. Purchased art will need to be picked up after the exhibit ends on Saturday, March 19, or on Sunday, March 20.
Following is a schedule of the Little Art Camas events:
- 5 to 6 p.m. Friday, March 18: Preview art, register for a “buyer number” and buy up to five “Buyer’s buttons,” or stickers with a buyer number on them
- 6 p.m., Friday, March 18: The ringing of the cowbell means buying can begin
- 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, March 18: Browse the exhibit and purchase art
- Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 19: Browsing and buying continues with new artwork added to the exhibit
- 4 to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 19: Buyers and artists pick up art
- Noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 20: Buyers and artists pick up art by 2 p.m.