The public is invited to give thanks and celebrate the season at the annual “Thankful for Pie” themed Camas First Friday set for 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3, throughout downtown Camas.
The Downtown Camas Association’s November First Friday activities will include pie raffles and tastings, s’mores roasting, fall crafts, games and prizes. This event also features autumnal dining and cocktail specials, art shows and after-hours shopping.
Pie lovers will rejoice at the many pie-themed games, raffles and activities during the Nov. 3 First Friday event. Participating businesses will be offering a pie raffle with a chance to win a delicious prize. The St. John’s Presbyterian Church will be giving away 4-inch pies and other sweet treats while supplies last as a part of their “140 Acts of Kindness” drive to celebrate the church’s 140th anniversary.
Everyone is invited to the Pie Walk Dance Party at 7 p.m., where they can dance for a chance to win one of many prize pies, sponsored by local Realtor Carla Edwards. Attendees also can vote for their favorite pie, and enjoy a pie-tasting hosted by the DCA, inside Journey Church.
Other First Friday activities planned for Nov. 3, include:
• S’mores roasting (weather permitting) sponsored by Journey Church (304 N.E. Fourth Ave.);
• Fall Crafts for kids at LiveWell Camas (417 N.E. Birch St.), and inside Journey Church (304 N.E. Fourth Ave.);
• “Gratitude passports” that allow participant to be entered into a raffle to win autumn-themed prizes from the downtown merchants;
• A 10-year anniversary celebration at 4Ever Growing Kids (440 N.E. Fourth Ave.) with music, a Shirley Temple drink bar and treats;
• “Pie or Be Pied” activity hosted by Grace Church (422 N.E. Fourth Ave.);
• A “Perfect Pie Chart” STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) activity hosted by The Mariposa Mission inside Journey Church;
• Art Shows, art receptions and art demonstrations at the 411Art Collective (411 N.E. Dallas St.), Attic Gallery (421 N.E. Cedar St.), Camas Gallery (408 N.E. Fourth Ave.), Pike Art Gallery (302 N.E. Sixth Ave.); and
• A “Preserving the Present: A Camas Public Library Time Capsule” exhibit celebrating the Camas library’s 100th anniversary, at the Second Story Gallery (located on the library’s second floor at 625 N.E. Fourth Ave.).
“What brings people together more than a delicious pie?” Jan Carter, the DCA’s marketing and volunteer coordinator, said. “This event invites people from all ages and all walks of life to gather and share gratitude and community connection. We’re excited to help celebrate St. John’s 140th anniversary in Camas as well. Shop, dine, support local and share your love of pie on Nov. 3 in downtown Camas.”
For more information, visit downtowncamas.com or facebook.com/camasfirstfriday.